• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pse 6 (1 Viewer)

mdb2

I am new to this computer mallarky please help? when I am in organiser and all of the photos are waiting, or have been edited already. I tranfer them to the necessary boxes in the right hand column, ie, birds, places, people, and label them. my first question is are they saved again thus you have 2 images taking up valuable memory! and secondly why is it when in organiser, I delete an image it also deletes the same image in the right hand labled boxes? ie birds, places, people, hope I made myself understood. mike

Not sure what you are doing from the description but it sounds all wrong. Drag a tag on to a photo, not the other way round!

thanks mike, I have been dragging the image from the middle over to the tag.will try it your way, just done it the way you describe mike but when I delete the image in the organiser section it also deletes the same image in the tagged section as before. mike

Last edited:
Why are you trying to delete the picture in the organiser section? Drop the tag onto the picture and leave it, it is not making a copy of the picture which is exactly where you downloaded it to (unless your playing with things has deleted the original too) but merely creates a tiny tiny thumbnail in it's own database so you can see the picture you are looking for. When you click on the thumbnail to edit the picture that links through to the original picture file and loads it up to work on in the edit programme. Repeat the organiser does not create a copy.

I have PE6 also. I’m confused about what you’re trying to do. If you select something in the organizer, right-click & chose “delete”, a box comes up giving you the option of removing the photo from the catalog only (leaving it on the hard disk) or of removing it from both places (that is, “really” deleting it by putting it in the recycle bin). Whether it’s tagged or not doesn’t affect things one way or the other. The only time deleting a photo also deletes a tag, is when the photo concerned is the only one with that tag; otherwise the tag remains. But maybe I don’t understand your question?

Like I said, I am new at this,I wish to delete all images in the organiser. so as to free up some space (memory) as like most I have a couple of thousand photos and its slowing up the computer, ( i believe) IF the photos that are tagged are not real? then am I right in assuming they dont take up any memory? regards mike

A better idea might be to connect an external hard drive and transfer (some or all of) the physical images to that drive so that your built in HD gets some room. Also run a defragmenter to improve the space distribution on your drive. No matter if you attach an extra working external HD, you should have an(other) external HD that you connect once in a while and copy everything onto for backup purposes.

Niels

A better idea might be to connect an external hard drive and transfer (some or all of) the physical images to that drive so that your built in HD gets some room. Also run a defragmenter to improve the space distribution on your drive. No matter if you attach an extra working external HD, you should have an(other) external HD that you connect once in a while and copy everything onto for backup purposes.

Niels

Hi Niels, you must be a mind reader! just purchased my book 1tb. will get myself sorted out. mike

Good idea but move them using PE6 or at least "tell" the programme where they are or when you click on a thumbnail PE6 will not know where to look so will not bring the image in to the editor to work on.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back