• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

Ffordes have a Zeiss 7x42 Classic, and its a snip at £999 ;)
I think I recall the final new stocks of those were £599 back whenever. I thought it a bit steep at the time but I think if I had one in such nice condition now I'd expect to get that much back and maybe more. Agree the Ffordes price seems more appropriate for a wealthy collector from far East maybe |;| But let's see.

Just seen there's a small mark reported on the objective of the LCE Swarovski; that always puts folks off.

Edit : Just noticed Ffordes have put up the price of their other Zeiss 7x42 BGAT. Just been reminded re. the offer I posted above of a Zeiss Victory 8x20. Ffordes didn't manage to sell it until they increased the price by £120.

Last edited:
For 7x fans Scopesnskies have a Bresser Montana 7x42 in their bargain section. It looks like the Bushnell Discoverer 7x42 (among many others under brands Meade, Opticron). Nice rugged model but heavy.

The Eschenbach Regatta 8x42B looks like a good candidate for a movie props department.

On the Viking Optical web site some offers. Viking 8x42 and 10x42 ED S down in price again. I think I recall the S version means somewhat reduced accessories (eg. case) for reduced price first offered at Birdfair?

AFAIK the S version was an addition to the range for sales exclusively through Amazon - said products are now showing as not available on that platform though?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007H41U7E/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=photo
Pete, here's the link to the Viking Optical website :
http://www.vikingopticalcentres.co.uk/
I'm pretty sure Sherwoods (and maybe others) sold an S or SP version too which was substanitally cheaper and claimed to only differ with the accessories provided.

Last edited:
Pete, here's the link to the Viking Optical website :
http://www.vikingopticalcentres.co.uk/
I'm pretty sure Sherwoods (and maybe others) sold an S or SP version too which was substanitally cheaper and claimed to only differ with the accessories provided.

The 8x42 is an excellent buy at that price providing you get one with a stiff hinge and are happy with the ergonomics. I wasn't so impressed with the 10x model when I've tried these out at Minsmere. The versions there originally retailed at £549 I think I'm right in saying.

Got as far as Ca... :

Carmarthen Cameras have a few binoculars in sale including full-size Hawke Frontier EDs
Canterbury Camera Centre have a used Nikon EDG 7x42

Heads up!

Harrison's Cameras of Sheffield have a secondhand perfect black 8x42 FL for sale at £795.

Its pre-Lotutec but its got updated eyecups and is in 5 Star condition.

Lee

Not sure this is the right thread as there is no thread for 'scope deals, but there is a used Questar at Cley Spy for what seems to be an extraordinary price. No idea how this compare with the current top tier scopes, but I remember when they came out they were pretty much as good as it gets...

The item mentioned in post #73 has gone. Might be old fashioned looking and with a yellow cast but at least someone remembered old Habichts are hard to break...

Carmarthen Cameras have a few more used models in including Nikon 7x50, 9x35 and Pentax 8x30 porros.

If they've still got one in stock the advertised price at Cameraworld for Nikon 8x32 SE looks good.

PS Viking have the 6.5x32 MD back under £100 till the end of the week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back