Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 21st January 2017, 15:42   #1
Fiscalshrike

recommended in-town bird sites for San Antonio February?

I'll be in San Antonio first week of February. I won't have a car however. I will be in the Tobin Hill Area. I look forward to birding the Botanical Gardens. Any other recommendations? thanks
Old Monday 30th January 2017, 00:48   #2
PhilR.

You aren't far at all from the Breckenridge (sp?) park area. Feb. is a bit early for birding there, but you might run into a goldfinch or two. Cardinals and chickadees are there all year.

Be aware however that the Tobin Hill area is quite large. It's not like you could easily walk from one end to the other in a short period of time. Depending on exactly where you are, you might well need to take some type of public transportation to get anywhere of note.......
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: