• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Geese and ducks at North Warren (1 Viewer)

GiG

United Nations
Had an excellent day birding with a mate at North Warren Aldeburgh marshes yesterday. I'd been wanting to catch up with some geese and had a lot of birds on the marshes and pools including Bean and White-fronted Goose. It has been a lot of years since I've seen Bean G up in Norfolk. The snow was falling and a biting easterly wind, but well worth it and a nip into a local pub in Aldeburgh for a pint to warm up afterwards to end the day!

Gi

jimbob said:
Ah, good to see the bean geese are about.Much else about? I might call in on monday.
jim.

Hi Jim,

Here's a list of birds seen:
along with bean and white-fronted goose
lots of wigeon
also teal
shoveler
gadwall
little grebe
mallard
pintail
black-tailed godwit
greylag goose
canada goose
barnacle goose
lapwing
dunlin
black-headed gull
herring gull
gbb gull
crow
rook
jackdaw
pied wagtail

There was nothing out to sea, although the cold wind coming off the sea made viewing for any length of time difficult. A single skylark along the beach.

Gi

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back