• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (12 Viewers)

id help

sorry to be a pain! anybody got any ideas? would appreciate id help on this lot some of the pics suffer clarity, light etc.

help greatly appreciated.

some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zing0414/

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 127
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 120
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 97
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 116
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 104
Barn Owls in East Yorkshire

The people who monitor the Red Kites have sent me out an email below about monitoring the current Barn Owl population via the Wolds Owl Group. I have checked with them & they are interested in ALL sightings of Barn Owls in East Yorkshire. Please give a date for your sightings, if at all possible a grid ref, but if not, a precise description of the location, and of course if you see more than one Owl at the same time, please include that information. Thanks for your help. If you log your sightings on here, or send me a PM, I will ensure they get forwarded to the people monitoring.

Hi all, having spoken to our friends The Wolds Owl Group, I have a request for you.

We’re all aware of how this past harsh winter has had a disastrous effect, decimating the Barn Owl population in East Yorkshire. So although it may appear to be ‘shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted’, while the Barn Owl population is at a low point, I’d like to ask you to record any sightings you may have and let me have them please. This will assist in monitoring the increase/recovery of their population as we move in to the year.

I will then pass your sightings on to The Wolds Owl Group.

Many thanks for your help.

N

I was starting to get worried, everybody seeing waxwings apart from me! I've been to a few places where they've been seen but no luck. Managed to catch up with a flock 100+ today at Wincobank, Sheffield, and got within 30ft of them. Biggest flock I'd seen before was 20+ at distance. I'd heard people say that they are quite noisy but it still surprised me the amount of noise these birds made, a strangely pleasant noise though!

A nice evening at North Duffield, looked a bit like the north sea in the wind and rain. Highlight being 104 Whoopers, 3 Oystercatcher, 2 Redshank, lots more seen, further details on my blog

The people who monitor the Red Kites have sent me out an email below about monitoring the current Barn Owl population via the Wolds Owl Group. I have checked with them & they are interested in ALL sightings of Barn Owls in East Yorkshire. Please give a date for your sightings, if at all possible a grid ref, but if not, a precise description of the location, and of course if you see more than one Owl at the same time, please include that information. Thanks for your help. If you log your sightings on here, or send me a PM, I will ensure they get forwarded to the people monitoring.

Hi all, having spoken to our friends The Wolds Owl Group, I have a request for you.

We’re all aware of how this past harsh winter has had a disastrous effect, decimating the Barn Owl population in East Yorkshire. So although it may appear to be ‘shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted’, while the Barn Owl population is at a low point, I’d like to ask you to record any sightings you may have and let me have them please. This will assist in monitoring the increase/recovery of their population as we move in to the year.

I will then pass your sightings on to The Wolds Owl Group.

Many thanks for your help.

N
Michael

This fellow was at Welwick saltmarsh yesterday-it had a ring on but was too disant to read any numbers etc.
Also peregrine and short eared owl.

Attachments

• untitled-20.JPG
    untitled-20.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 62
Had a damp day out at the Yorkshire meet. We dipped quite a lot but got fab views of Iceland & Med Gulls. Details and pics on the blog.

A nice evening at North Duffield, looked a bit like the north sea in the wind and rain. Highlight being 104 Whoopers, 3 Oystercatcher, 2 Redshank, lots more seen, further details on my blog

Andy
top stuff on the blog as usual, i wanted to raise this one with you went for a stroll between east cottingwith and hagg bridge saturday but was saddened to see 5 dead mutes mainly young birds, 3 had been heavily predated but two seemed to be fully in tact,could not get close enough to identify rings etc,
is this normal? and should i report it to anyone?

some recent pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zing0414/

Last edited:
BF meet

The Med Gull from Holbeck today

Attachments

• Med Gull, Holbeck.JPG
    Med Gull, Holbeck.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Med Gull 2.JPG
    Med Gull 2.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hello i met a group of Leeds RSPB members at Cresswell pond Northumberland yesterday. I hope the rest of your day went well, and i hope you caught up with some of the local species i mentioned.

regards brian r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back