• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Member Poll with Prize: Which Smartphone Do You Use? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks - thanks very much for your posts. Once I've had a chance to go through the list and remove any incomplete and multiple posts, a winner will be chosen at random.

Will get back to you shortly!

Cheers, Pete

The results are in... From 157 valid entries, we have the following:

Most Popular By Make:

Apple 45%
Samsung 29%
Sony 6%
HTC 5%
LG 5%
Motorola 4%
Nokia 4%
Others 3%

Most Popular By Model:

iPhone 4 20%
iPhone 5 19%
Galaxy S4 7%
Galaxy S3 4%
Others (50 models) 50%

And the winner of the prize draw is.... macs (post #141) who will be contacted by PM to confirm. Congratulations!

Thanks to all of you that posted your answers. Looks like we guessed the right set of phones for our initial batch of models - phew!

Cheers, Pete

WOW! I'm chuffed to bits! Never won anything in a raffle.
Pete, I'll be in touch shortly!
Cheers

Pete,
It would be nice if you could put info about internal diameter and height on the adapters so others may check if your adapters may suit their ep/scopes.

If the adapter/phone don't fit far enough down on the ep/scope, the adapter/phone may fall off the ep/scope.

Anders

No problem Anders - as follows:

Internal depth on all the adaptors is 20mm which we found to be optimal - 15mm was too short to provide a stable connection

Internal diameter is 51.5mm for SDL eyepiece, 49.25mm for HDF zoom and 44.25mm for HR2 zoom and HDF fixed mag eyepieces.

The depth of the adaptor from where the eyecup rests to the camera lens varies to allow for the different eyerelief profiles of the various eyepieces. That is why there are three different adaptors of the same internal diameter for the HR2 zoom, the HDF 40809 and the HDF 40810.

I tried the HR2 adaptor with our Verano HD binoculars. This adaptor has the smallest depth from eyecup to camera lens (about 5mm). I needed to twist the eyecup of the binocular out to get the full exit pupil and still the image was vignetted. This is likely to be the main issue with using these adaptors on other makes of equipment. Having said that, the Swarovski adaptor prototypes that we made based only on eyecup dimensions and not accounting for eyerelief at all worked well straight off the design sheet.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back