• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds Of prey (1 Viewer)

Hi. I'm not too well versed on my Bird Of Prey Ids so i need some assistance in identifying these which dont appear to match up to the pictures in my book. I think they are Buzzard and possibly Peregrine (Peregrine were seen in that area minutes earlier by someone else so i know they're there.)

These were taken at Wembury, Devon, UK.

Also, please could you state why they are what they are for future reference.

Thank yiou in advance.

Here's the link to the pictures. http://sdrv.ms/188gIAj

Also, please could you state why they are what they are for future reference.

Thank yiou in advance.

Common Buzzards as said
to ID raptors start with knowing the most common ones namely Common Buzzard and Kestrel in most of Central Europe, after that go ahead to ID the less common ones
your pictures show typical birds with 5 fingers (falcons like Peregrines have pointed wings, no fingers) rather short tail and almost always visible typical breast band (only the palest birds do not show it)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back