• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Silhouette - Los Angeles area USA (1 Viewer)

phil r

Saw this one yesterday from a long distance, Los Angeles area. Light was bad too. Any ideas as to what it could be? Wing shape has me puzzled. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• _MG_8928.jpg
    _MG_8928.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 74
  • _MG_8929.jpg
    _MG_8929.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 63
Just saw a report from another birder from August who saw a Peregrine at the same exact location I saw this one. I think it is probably the same bird. It is a banded bird, banded in May of this year before it could fly, on Santa Cruz Island, off the coast of California.
edit: I saw it inland, in the San Fernando Valley.

Last edited:
Big push of Raptors through the Valleys last weekend. Warblers are hitting us hard and fast… Deforest park is providing several species of rare warbler at once for the last couple of weeks.

Shorebirds seems to be dwindling, Dunlin increasing, Pectorals are about, couple of lingering Baird's but those are drying up.

Great migration season… just really short because of lack of water in the state. Good traps with water are providing some amazing lists. Heck, there is a Flamingo in Lomita!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back