• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

Strange looking beasts aren't they! They are very chunky and always seem to have big noses! These are all fabulous but, for me, the best of them is the bottom one of the cat sleeping on sheet 4, it's a corker!

Mike

I was going to google pictures of them then decided not too as your rendering of the beast will be spot on. What powerful looking head it has and mean looking face. If it was sat by my pond its welcome to my fish as wouldn't go out scare it off :cat:

Thank you all!
Back in the zoo yesterday, hoping to invest my time studying a very attractive feline species, the Fishing cat, a newcomer to the zoo..It wasn`t easy at all, maybe the most difficult modell I`ve ever had, I experienced many frustrating moments, but finally I did finish something ... Attached few of the failed attempts, and the finished sketch..It`s not my best one but at least it is something!

Paschalis

Your work is always to completely accomplished Paschalis that it's nice to see some of the steps along the way. In fact I always enjoy that with most artists. some may seem failures to you but to me they're all exciting to see.

I spend this morning once again in the zoo, but this time I tried my luck after a year with the fascinating huge Indian Rhino.I did start my attempts with the nearby Malayan tapir , but my attention has been attracted soon by the female Rhino, but I had to give up soon since she has been tranfered in to an other room by the zookeepers in order to clean up the place.
Luckily the male, "Nico", has been proved to be the ideal model today , posing for me for more than two hours...

Attachments

• Malayan-tapir-head-study.jpg
    Malayan-tapir-head-study.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Indian-rhino-body.jpg
    Indian-rhino-body.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Indian-rhino-frontal.jpg
    Indian-rhino-frontal.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Indian-Rhino-head-study.jpg
    Indian-Rhino-head-study.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 60
Another great job on a zoo model! The rhino is superb. Even with him posing for two hours, I can't imagine doing a piece anywhere near as good as what you've done here. Great work.

Christmas wishes

Thank you all so much! Thank you for being my constant motivators ,real friends most of all...
My best wishes for Merry Christmas for you and yours and hopefully the new year will be at least as creative as this one...Since I haven`t any Christmas motif to show , I attach a small painting for a book cover I did recently....

Merry Christmas!!

Paschalis

Attachments

• Rotkelchen-Titelbild.jpg
    Rotkelchen-Titelbild.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 89
Thank you all so much! Thank you for being my constant motivators ,real friends most of all...
My best wishes for Merry Christmas for you and yours and hopefully the new year will be at least as creative as this one...Since I haven`t any Christmas motif to show , I attach a small painting for a book cover I did recently....

Merry Christmas!!

Paschalis
Speechless..

Back from the holidays, didn´t managed to sketch something really "wild" but I did a couple of studies from the Guinea pigs my daughter got as a Christmas present...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Meerschweinchen Betti.jpg
    Meerschweinchen Betti.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Meerschweinchen-Franzi.jpg
    Meerschweinchen-Franzi.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back