• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minolta dimage (1 Viewer)

gizzagadget

Hi

any thoughts welcome.
Im keen to dip a tentative finger into digiscopingbut funds are tight, and I wonder if my existing kit can be used.

I have a picollo 60mm spotting scope, with 15-45mm eyepiece.
My camera is a very compact Minolta Dimage XL (4 megapixel).

apologies if these specific questions have already been covered elsewhere

Have a go you have nothing to loose, I did my first few with a Minolta Dimage X20 and an Acuter scope, bit fiddly but it worked well enough to get me going here's an early example.

Mick

Attachments

• Fulmar.JPG
    Fulmar.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 139
Mickymouse said:
Have a go you have nothing to loose, I did my first few with a Minolta Dimage X20 and an Acuter scope, bit fiddly but it worked well enough to get me going here's an early example.

Mick

thanks for that Mick, I gave it a handheld try in the house by pointing at Jeremy Paxman on TV! and was surprised it worked. Ive now progressed to some handheld efforts at Hartlepool Headland on some great black backed gulls again they were viewable, but I will try the Baader microstage next hopefully to reduce camera shake.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back