• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 28-560 F/2.8-5.6!!! (1 Viewer)

Blimey, thanks for the link (it should be noted that the picture wouldn't show the rumoured new lens, but one already of the market. They do this at Canon Rumours). Don't think I'll be up for one, as I've had the mark 2 version of the 100-400mm for exactly two weeks, though it's always interesting to see what may be in the pipeline. Also, they don't mention the likely weight... and the notion of a 28-560mm is remarkable - had to check it's not April 1st.

I agree, too much of a zoom range which would end up compromising the image quality. Not sure how many people would use the 28mm end, just doesn't make sense to me. Canon should produce an equivalent of the Nikon 200-500 f5.6 at a similar price range.

I think this rumour is rather bizarre. It would be very heavy.
More credible is a 200-600 f4.5 - f5.6 that has been discussed for several weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back