• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Namibia: ID birds mainly from Etosha park (1) (1 Viewer)

tcom

Hello

I have taken a few pictures of birds I can't identify, mainly in the Etosha park in Namibia. Unfortunately, I have no books about southern african birds and any help in id them is welcome.

My guesses:
1. Whitetailed shrike
2. Marico sunbird
3. Masked weaver
4. ??

There are 8 more birds I would like to have identified. Should I better put them together in as few posts as possible or one post per bird?

Thank you very much in advance

Attachments

• IMGP6494.JPG
    IMGP6494.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMGP6496.JPG
    IMGP6496.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMGP6504.JPG
    IMGP6504.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 116
  • IMGP6563.JPG
    IMGP6563.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
tcom said:
Hello

I have taken a few pictures of birds I can't identify, mainly in the Etosha park in Namibia. Unfortunately, I have no books about southern african birds and any help in id them is welcome.

My guesses:
1. Whitetailed shrike
2. Marico sunbird
3. Masked weaver
4. ??

There are 8 more birds I would like to have identified. Should I better put them together in as few posts as possible or one post per bird?
Oh and I think the Weaver is Southern Masked. Appears to have narrow black forehead.

Thank you very much in advance

Agree with your first 3. Wonder if 4 is a Plum Coloured Starling??
I think 3 is the Southern Masked Weaver as it seems to have narrow black forehead.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back