• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Balkan Herps (1 Viewer)

Ghostly Vision

Hello all

You might be interested in this brief trip report I have uploaded to the fieldherping forum.

Our trip saw approx 30 species of Herps, including the near-endemic rock lizards of the area - Sharp-snouted, Mosor and Prokletije.

In addition some excellent other stuff.

Have a look here: http://fieldherping.eu/Forum/viewforum.php?f=13

There are two parts to my report.

All the best

Sean

Hello all

You might be interested in this brief trip report I have uploaded to the fieldherping forum.

Our trip saw approx 30 species of Herps, including the near-endemic rock lizards of the area - Sharp-snouted, Mosor and Prokletije.

In addition some excellent other stuff.

Have a look here: http://fieldherping.eu/Forum/viewforum.php?f=13

There are two parts to my report.

All the best

Sean

Checked out your pictures, Sean,
and those of yourtravelling companions.
Great stuff.
As I think I told you in the past, I spent 10 years full time in
ex-Yugoslavia, working all around the then country and have been
back many times since. Many of the creatures in your collection of
photos were familiar, and lovely to see. Well done.
Have you ever done Durmitor properly, because botanically that
is one of the best areas? The areas on the winding main road
outside Cetinje were always good for Rock Partridge. I also ticked
Rock Nuthatch there many years ago!!
I put details about the Orchid books on the other thread we were talking on, by the way.
Best
David

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back