• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black & Yellow Bird (1 Viewer)

P

peterbest37

My brother came round earlier today and asked me if i could identify this bird for him unfortunately i can't. But i have every faith in your good selves.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 193
Golden-cheeked Warbler, from Texas (breeding area), Central America (wintering)

That it is perched on a juniper (its breeding habitat) and in summer plumage suggests the photo is from Texas

That's great my brother spent 3 months in the U.S.A. last year working but he forgot to buy a field guide while he was out there. He would forget his head if his missus didn't bolt it on for him every morning. Thanks.

It's actually a very good bird to get - they're only found in a small area of Texas, around the Edwards Plateau. I suspect even most US birders will be green with envy!

Been there, but missed it myself . . . grrrrr . . .

Very Green with Envy, but yes Golden-cheeked Warbler. Once spent a whole day looking for this bird. Never did see it but heard bunches of them.

We have elusive birds as well you can always here them but try and find them it's easier to find a needle in a haystack. Any how gotta go now i have been up now for the last 22 hours and i am shattered so good night and thanks for your help.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back