• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandhill Cranes near Cleveland, Ohio (1 Viewer)

weather

Pirate name: Poncy Henry Goodfellow
A cold start, but worth putting on the old thermals. Went to Sandy Ridge, about 30 miles west of Cleveland. Found 2 Sandhill Cranes and 2 Bald Eagles. Many reports of flocks of 700 or more Sandhills flying over.

Hi, weather! Nice combination -- to see eagles and Sandhills.

Went to Jasper-Pulaski FWA in NW Indiana early in November, and saw about 16,000 Sandhills on a migration break -- and a single Whooping Crane, one of the Operation Migration class of 2001. No eagles, tho.

Is Sandy Ridge along the lake? I know there's some fantastically good birding along the lakeshore -- I'm familiar with Crane Creek, Ottawa NWR, Sheldon Marsh, etc.

Sandy Ridge

Hi,

Sandy Ridge is located in North Ridgeville. Go to any map site (mapquest, Yahoo maps) and type in Otten Rd, North Ridgeville, Ohio. Sandy Ridge is on the only major turn in the Road and Otten Rd. is pretty short. I hope this helps. If not, let me know. I have to warn you, this place is amazing. You will add it to your normal birding sites. I hope you can get out there some day.

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back