• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello from bavaria (1 Viewer)

Markus Jais

Hi everybody
I am a bird fan from bavaria. I am 27 years old and have been watching birds for about 12 years. my main interest are raptors, especially the Golden Eagle and the White-tailed Eagle. I am currently reading my fifth book about the Golden Eagle.
beside this I like foreign languages like English, French and especially Spanish.

Markus

Hi Markus,
Welcome. Anything you need to know about birding, or other wildlife, you'll find someone on this site who can help you. They're a very friendly crowd too. My favourite bird is the red kite, but I've never seen a golden eagle. :hi:

Hi Markus,

Welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts in Bayern? I've been through once, from München airport to a holiday in Österreich, not much so I didn't see many birds there, just 4 species while the coach was queuing at the border (Swift, Swallow, House Martin, Crossbill)

Michael

Hi Markus,

On behalf of the Admin Staff and Moderators, let me welcome you to BirdForum.

I could write a lot here, but I think Geraldine has covered just about everything in a couple of sentences!

Welcome :t:

Hi Markus, welcome to BirdForum. You have found THE place on the web for any info regarding observing birds and taking photo's.

Welcome, Marcus!

Geraldine HAS summed it all up.

Any chance we could interest you in joining up with the GGBC 2? It's the forum's world-wide birding count event in October, and we have yet to hear from Germany. You do it all on your own terms, and then just submit a report. It's a great reason to get outside and look for birds.

You can find full details on the Member's Notice Board.

Beverlybaynes said:
Welcome, Marcus!

Geraldine HAS summed it all up.

Any chance we could interest you in joining up with the GGBC 2? It's the forum's world-wide birding count event in October, and we have yet to hear from Germany. You do it all on your own terms, and then just submit a report. It's a great reason to get outside and look for birds.

You can find full details on the Member's Notice Board.

thanks for the hint. but I will be in Spain for nearly all of october for an intensiv spanish course. hopefully I can also look for some raptors and other birds

Markus

Geraldine said:
Hi Markus,
Welcome. Anything you need to know about birding, or other wildlife, you'll find someone on this site who can help you. They're a very friendly crowd too. My favourite bird is the red kite, but I've never seen a golden eagle. :hi:

I have seen a Golden Eagle only once this june on a guided tour in the bavarian Alpes.
great bird. but I hope to see more of them this year. there are only about 45-50 pairs in Bavaria.

I also love red kites. they do not breed where I live but sometimes I see them on migration and they can been seen quite often in the north east of Germany

Markus

Hi Markus. Geraldine has summed it up perfectly, It's all true. But she didn't tell you that you will become addicted to this site!.Welcome to BF. Cheers John.:t: :t:

Hi Markus; I joined some weeks ago, so welcome to you from another part of Germany, though its not that far away.
hope you will enjoy this great forums as much as I do.

I live at the moment in Baden-Wurttemberg, working at a small village near Pforzheim; and teh 3 years I have been here now, every year there is a Red Kite hunting rats on the compost heaps in the gardens. The bird arrives usually late summer and stays until late autumn. He is not very shy and sometimes you see him hunt, or fly by with a rat in the talons. Fantastic bird!

Joern

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back