• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bamboo tablet (1 Viewer)

Dave mac

I brought an A5 bamboo tablet (a cheaper wacum) a few weeks ago and I'm using it with photoshop to attempt to paint bird pictures. However, according to the specs it should be pressure sensitive but I cant get this to work. Has anyone used this combination and could advise me on how to get it working. I have turned on "pen pressure" in the brush presets in PS but it does not help. In the brush presets next to pen pressure it displays a small triangle with an exclamation mark in it which I think means its unavailable
Any help would be appreciated
Dave

Can't help you with that one I'm afraid. Maybe Ed or Dave will be able to shed some light. Good luck with it anyhow.

Mike

Hi - regardless of whether you're on a Mac or PC (didn't like to assume Dave Mac meant you're on a Mac), there will be a control panel for the tablet. It's there that I suspect you'll find the adjustment for the sensitivity of the pen. I'll admit I'm not familiar with the particular make you mention, so I'm going on a hunch and experience of similar things. Hope I've helped. Let me know as I've another idea - but try that first.

Last edited:
After lots of messing about trying to find the pen options it finally occoured to me that they were missing and it was to do with the way I had installed the foftware (ie wrongly) When it was reinstalled, pen pressure, zoom, the buttons on the pen all worked flawlessly. So it was operator error:C

Yeah - sounds all too familiar.. I'm always telling the person pushing the buttons to use their noodle... and as I'm the only one who uses my computer...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back