• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (2 Viewers)

superb stuff - hopefully I'll connect with one or two as I'm out tomorrow - but will be spending a large part of my time tape-luring grey-headed woodpeckers (getting very scarce here, so will be seeing if I can't find one or two in some unknown haunts - be a bloody miracle tbh - have only seen one and that was 6 years ago) Some lappies would be very nice compensation.

Congrats on 2000 posts on your thread too!

Grazing meadow, Salthouse marsh

Nice sunny day yesterday misty rain and low cloud today.
leaving for a couple of days before finishing the grass in the foreground

Attachments

• L1000298.jpg
    L1000298.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 78
  • L1000305.jpg
    L1000305.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 76
beautiful! I was happy to find about 200 of them on my patch, some already checking out the recently cleaned island so hopefully we'll have a good few staying on to nest - also a golden plover with the flock, which is quite a rare bird here.

Really nice, Arthur! Makes me wish I would find a flock of them outside our window - not likely, however! Your composition gives a nice sense of their habitat as well.

I went for a walk around Tranent this afternoon before the Rugby, I walked from my house to the large pond at Blindwells. The best sighting was 5 Buzzards over the fields to the north of the town. The pond didn't have anything special on it, some Tufties, Herring Gulls, Black-headed Gulls and Coots. Lots of singing in the early Spring sunshine.

David

Ta All . Couple of quick sketches of a male Sprawk dropped down and walked through the hedge.
Also noticed Siskens and Redpoll on the feeders must get them down tomorrow

Attachments

• L1010504.jpg
    L1010504.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 47
  • L1010505.jpg
    L1010505.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 49
Great sprawk, Arth! Immensely difficult face-on profile got down to a T, sir. Funny how eyeballing a bird like this instantly captivates you and screams 'sketch me' much more than it would, say, a collared dove - and I like these, and so do sprawks!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back