• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reputable online dealers (1 Viewer)

Other than Eagle Optics, what are the online dealers which have a good reputation?

Eagle Optics is currently out of a binocular I would like to order, so I need to find another website.

Thanks.

Mississippi Mud said:
Other than Eagle Optics, what are the online dealers which have a good reputation?

Eagle Optics is currently out of a binocular I would like to order, so I need to find another website.

Thanks.

www.astronomics.com. It's an Astronomy site but they sell tons of binoculars for birding also. Click onto their binocular section for birding which is known as christopher's.

Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird also does the same. www.BuyTelescopes.com.
Bob

Last edited:
Greetings,

I have had excellent experiences with Optics Planet (www.opticsplanet.com) - great prices, great selection, easily navigatable website, and good return policy - I've bought three pairs of birding binoculars from them, with very high satisfaction - I'd recommend you check 'em out. And good luck in your search...

Doug at Cameraland New York is the absolute best online dealer in my opinion...

Throw another vote in for Doug. Admittedly I have not yet purchased a bin from him but I have asked numerous bothersome questions of him in the past and he has always been cordial, polite and downright friendly. I plan on purchasing my 8x36 Monarchs from him whenever they debut as he has been helpful and has given me an unbeatable price on them. He posts on this forum as gr8tfuldoug...or something along those lines.

I've purchased two binoculars from Doug and I recommend him and Cameraland for service and competitive prices.

Anyone had any experience with digital4less (www.dig4less.com)? I'm interested in a pair of compacts, and I see they have Nikon 10X25 Premier LX L for $339, while EO has them for $449.95

ensis said:
Anyone had any experience with digital4less (www.dig4less.com)? I'm interested in a pair of compacts, and I see they have Nikon 10X25 Premier LX L for $339, while EO has them for $449.95

BH photo video are ok to buy from, but they are NOT ok if you need to return your product. You'll be doing the rain dance for weeks, while waiting for your refund.

Luca said:
BH photo video are ok to buy from, but they are NOT ok if you need to return your product. You'll be doing the rain dance for weeks, while waiting for your refund.

Thanks for that. Now what about digital4less?

ensis said:
Thanks for that. Now what about digital4less?

Never heard of them before, but i never buy from a company that does not put their physical mailing address and phone number upfront on the first page.
digital4less has only a 1-800 phone number on their webpage.
Why not call or email eagleoptics.com? They are great to do bussiness with, and they can order stuff for you.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back