• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Has anyone used birding pal website? (1 Viewer)

lvn600

Birding pal website is a website that can be used by a traveling birder who wants a resident birder of the area he/she is visiting to take them on a birdwatch.Sounds interesting.Has anyone been on either end of this? How did it work out?

i have not heard of the web-site mentioned, but birdforum is a exellent way to meet and go birdwatching with other people, you soon realise it's a small world when you get dozens of members from your area that you never realised were there, all very keen on birding.

here in the UK the bird forum mini-meets are very popular, where members get together for a 'bash', fantastic way to meet people.

We used birdingpal last year when we had a free morning in Buenos Aires and got someone to take us round Costanera Sur. It worked very well, particularly as it saved us learning species that we weren't going to see on the rest of our trip.

Rob

I tried it in Turkey and some people were very good, some did not answer and one was not a birder but hotel owner welcoming guests.

I am now birdingpal in Berlin, hope to perform better. Already showed one birder around when David could not. - he seemed happy :)

Had someone visit the island from Holland over the Xmas hols who contacted me through Birding Pal. Got another coming this weekend from Alabama!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back