• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

filter (1 Viewer)

pimpelmees

hello, who uses a clear filter on a leica televid 65 or 82 mm to protect the lenses that are coated ,
I have also heard that this is not necessary because there is already a front lens build in to protect the lenses in the scope ,

Leica APO-Televid 65/82 manual :

"To protect the front lens........ use an E67/E82 screw in filter. Standard, colorless UVa filters are recommended."

It makes sense to use the filter on the Televid 82 because of what it would cost to replace the front element. I see no way to do this yourself.-Dick

Update: Procured B&W PRO F 82mm UVa filter.
Will NOT mount on 82mm scope and Leica NJ is of no help.-Dick
Presumably the thread of the scope and/or the filter should be defective because according to all official sources I know (especially Leica themselves) the filter thread size of the APO Televid 82 is in fact E82. B&H even sells the B+W filter you mentioned for this scope so it should fit:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/519076-USA/Leica_40119_APO_Televid_82_Spotting_Scope.html

Presumably the thread of the scope and/or the filter should be defective because according to all official sources I know (especially Leica themselves) the filter thread size of the APO Televid 82 is in fact E82. B&H even sells the B+W filter you mentioned for this scope so it should fit:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/519076-USA/Leica_40119_APO_Televid_82_Spotting_Scope.html

I have had phone contact with Leicas Sport Optics Manager USA.
The 82mm filter will not fit past the movable lens hood, one would need to remove the lens hood to attach the filter and then the hood would not close.
The manager is a well known bird photg and uses his 82mm Scope without a filter as do I now.-Dick
If anyone wants a 82mm filter, pm me!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back