• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eilat 2013 (1 Viewer)

Bubbs

I'm hoping to return to Eilat in the spring of 2013, either before or after Passover, and was wondering if any BF members are also planning to visit. It would be interesting to know if anyone has heard of any good deals around.

Bubbs.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to return to Eilat in the spring of 2013, either before or after Passover, and was wondering if any BF members are also planning to visit. It would be interesting to know if anyone has heard of any good deals around.

Bubbs.

I have a half-baked notion of going to Israel next spring but I'm undecided whether to go to the Hula or Eilat.
Isn't there a birding festival held in Eilat about that time?

I have a half-baked notion of going to Israel next spring but I'm undecided whether to go to the Hula or Eilat.
Isn't there a birding festival held in Eilat about that time?

http://www.eilatbirdsfestival.com/

yep, there will be in March. Israel is, however, a small country, so you may not have to choose. Its only 5.5 hours by car from Eilat to Hula, straight down one road, the 90 |=)| On the way you pass the dead Sea, Jerusalem, the Jordan Valley, The Sea of Galilee and lots of other places.

You should be able to find flights around that time of year for a couple of hundred quid return with Jet2.com or Easyjet ...

And yes, the country is small enough to do it all in week (bit rushed!) or 10 days ...

Interesting points here, I know the country well and can make myself understood language wise.
If I stayed in the north (the part I know very well having lived there) would I see the same birds as they flew north, apart from those indigenous desert dwellers that is?

The Bird Festival in eilat will be March 16th-23rd, a little earlier this year.

Two of us will be in Israel from 23rd March to 6th April covering Ma'agan Mikhael, Beit She'an Valley, the Dead Sea and the Arava/Eilat regions. Was out there this spring for 10days and it was superb birding so have to go back for some more.

Will be staying in Eilat and at Lotan whilst in the Arava which will give excellent coverage at either end of the valley.

The Bird Festival in eilat will be March 16th-23rd, a little earlier this year.

Two of us will be in Israel from 23rd March to 6th April covering Ma'agan Mikhael, Beit She'an Valley, the Dead Sea and the Arava/Eilat regions. Was out there this spring for 10days and it was superb birding so have to go back for some more.

Will be staying in Eilat and at Lotan whilst in the Arava which will give excellent coverage at either end of the valley.

Cheers everyone :t:

Going to Eilat in a few weeks time to do some geology. Can anybody recommend a good field guide to the birds of the area please?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back