• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Focus 8x42 Aerolite porro (1 Viewer)

Bencw

Well, bought my first Swift this week, an Audubon, (earlier post) and now I have another. Walking past the charity shop I spotted a Swift Focus 8x40, £15, had a look, clean inside, and absolutely mint cosmetically, objectives and oculars both good, no scratches or marks, had no case, but I couldn't turn it down at that price. Having given it a quick look in the garden, it's not bad, clear sharp image, thought a tad dark to me, maybe a slight tint. Don't know too much about these, but it also say's its an Aerolite which I thought was a different model to the focus.

Attachments

• SWIFT-FOCUS-8X40-AEROLITE.JPG
    SWIFT-FOCUS-8X40-AEROLITE.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Looks like a nice catch, Bencw! Looks like a Japanese made model from the '80 to me (is that a JTII sticker on the bridge?). Aerolites were very highly regarded when I was a kid, and I think that Swift still uses that name on some of its porros.

Looks like a nice catch, Bencw! Looks like a Japanese made model from the '80 to me (is that a JTII sticker on the bridge?). Aerolites were very highly regarded when I was a kid, and I think that Swift still uses that name on some of its porros.

Thanks peatmoss, the sticker is too faded to make out, it has JB 133 on the front above the serial number though.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back