• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mipit -- isn't it? (1 Viewer)

Reader

After dropping Stonechat (stephen) off at his home I drove to Marsh Lane reserve near to Birmingham airport. Whilst there a few Meadow Pipits were scrabbling amongst the grass by the hide but this one seemed a tad bit different. I'm still sure that it was a Meadow Pipit but its supercillium seemed bolder than usual and its breast seemed brighter than the others. The photos don't do justice to the colours as by the time I took it the sun had gone in behind the clouds and it was quite dark.

Just check it out and see what you think.

Attachments

• Meadow Pipit 0954.jpg
    Meadow Pipit 0954.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Meadow Pipit 0956.jpg
    Meadow Pipit 0956.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 203
Hi Reader,
Meadow Pipit.Tree Pipit tends to have a more well-marked head,but can be ruled out on bill structure,heaviness of flank streaking(though this is relatively fine on this bird compared to some Meadows) etc.
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back