• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Identification test (1 Viewer)

antwain

This is for all you ID buffs out there. Try and Id the bird on the image and its age and sex. Just one clue; it was taken somewhere in Britain yesterday. I'll post another photo tomorow and the answer.

Attachments

• mystery bird.jpg
    mystery bird.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Juvenile male siskin (although an outside bet could have been a serin, but unlikely!)

I presume the photo was taken somewhere near Notlob, where the M61 is cobbled??? :)

How's the weather in Lostock? And have they improved the Chorley New Rd, yet? Or do you still feel like you've got square tyres?????

Doesn't the siskin have more yellow in the tail than a serin. I've never seen either, so I'm just compairing the drawings in my field guide.

Siskin ID

Well done you lot who said Siskin. I think it is either a female or first winter male. Look at the image for another view. Thanks for the interest. I think I'll make it a lot harder next time. Hey monkeyman, Notlob, ha ha, someone likes monty python. Yes the streets are still cobbled and we all wear flat caps and eat pies! :t:

Attachments

• siskin.jpg
    siskin.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 334
Monty Python my arse! My parents lived there for 12 years and I even went to Burnden Park when Bolton could play football! I even knew Mrs Watson (of Watson Steel fame!) who built it! And I drank in the Pineapple! (Or are you too young to remember Nat Lofthouse!)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back