• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawk Question: Need Answer ASAP Please! (1 Viewer)

Sergiu25

Hey everyone,

I found a baby hawk outside so I took it in, put it in a birdcage, gave it some water, etc.

What should I feed it? Is there anything in particular I should give it in addition to water? What food? Thank you very much.

Sergiu25 said:
Hey everyone,

I found a baby hawk outside so I took it in, put it in a birdcage, gave it some water, etc.

What should I feed it? Is there anything in particular I should give it in addition to water? What food? Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Take it back where you found it and hope it's parents find and feed it!

If you find a young bird in future don't assume it's been abandoned by the adults, the adults are probably hiding until you leave the area!

nirofo.

I found it in the bushes outside. I live in a populated urban area; the north side of Chicago, so we have plently of squirrels and pigeons here and I fear that they will harm the hawk..

This doesn't appear to be a particularly young bird (American Kestrel?), you should contact a wildife rehab centre as soon as possible, you're likely to be breaking laws if you try to keep it.

regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back