• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Attract more birds....... (1 Viewer)

jimbofoxman

I already have a good mix of birds.......

House Finches, Gold Finches, Tufted Titmice, Black Cap Chickadees, Nuthatches, Robins, Sparrows (nothing fancy), Downies, Morning Doves, Cardinals and Blue Jays.

I get an occasional visit (usually in the winter) of a Red Headed Woodpecker.

Right now I only have two black oil feeders, one thistle feeder and two suet cake holders. I plan on adding a watering hole of some sort. Mainly everything is setup in view of our living room.

I'm thinking by adding feeders of some sort around the yard, not necessarily in view of the living room might help too.

Any thoughts? THANKS

BTW, I do have 3 bird houses as of right now and one dormant 12 hole martin house.

I keep just a couple small feeders out of sight pretty much from the house. But if i'm outside I'll sneak a peek and there's usually something there.

Sidenote, if the martin house isn't bein used by martins right now, just keep an eye out for other birds that may make use of it...mostly House sparrows.

Planting some berry-producing bushes or trees would provide a different kind of food (and bring different kinds of birds).
Plus you don't have to refill them.

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back