• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tesco - Canon 400D (1 Viewer)

AdamT

Amateur Photographer
I am Frustrated by Tesco's offer on the Canon 400D +18-55mm lens.

>> £399 << plus the £50 cashback from canon.

This deal seems to be fantastic, £100 cheaper than anywhere else on the internet!
Yet..
Most frustratingly..

Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock

Apparantly, this offer is going to end on the 11th of April. I have been watching the website closely to see if this offer comes back into stock, to no avail. My suspicion is that Tesco are parading this offer on their website in order to draw in customers, with no intention of selling anymore 400D's at this price.

-decision time-

Shall I wait to see if it comes back into stock?
Should I forget it and pay £499 for the same goods from elsewhere?
Is anyone else waiting on Tesco for the 400D ?

Last edited:
Adam,

This will come under the Sale of Goods Act, if Tesco's offer is still date valid and you request purchase and either pay for the camera or part with a small deposit, then they must supply you with the goods. It might be worth checking for the small print, which will accompany this offer. There will be a small clarification somewhere on the page.

Or you might just use their offer as a bargaining tool with another supplier, worth a try!

I certainly like your ideas pe'rigin.
The webpage doesn't allow me to 'add to basket' this product, they seem to have thought ahead.. hmm. . I shall investigate

I have ordered mine the Day before the offer closed ... It's already being
dispatched and the money has been took so hopefully i got in there
soon enough,
Take care,
John,

Amazingly, Tesco have decided to raise their price overnight by £100 in line with competitors at £499! This means they have ended their offer one day early, also rather strangely, they are -still- out of stock! Needless to say, I shall not be buying my camera from Tesco.

Adam,

Just goes to show, you could never trust this outfit!

Does anybody know why Canon have suddenly offered the reduced price on some of their range?

Just thought i'd mention that my Canon 400d arrived Tuesday from
Tesco's ... Total costing £350 after the voucher, I thought i'd missed
it too but got it just in Time,
Cheer's,
Take care,
John,

Modular said:
Just thought i'd mention that my Canon 400d arrived Tuesday from
Tesco's ... Total costing £350 after the voucher, I thought i'd missed
it too but got it just in Time

glad to hear you snagged yourself a bargain John. It's also interesting to hear from someone who actually got one as it does go to show that Tesco's were really selling it at £399, even if limited stock ment that many missed out.

postcardcv said:
glad to hear you snagged yourself a bargain John. It's also interesting to hear from someone who actually got one as it does go to show that Tesco's were really selling it at £399, even if limited stock ment that many missed out.
I thought the same Pete ... No One that i know of on here mentioned that
they had bought One from Tesco, Shame as it was such a good deal ...
Cheapest i seen and i'd also like to Thank the person who gave the link as
they saved me £100, Big Thank's, :t: ,

Take care All,
John,

And a caveat to my Rebelio order - camera's turned up here, but with manuals in French, Spanish, and Dutch. So that's another £10 for an English language manual from Canon (unless anyone knows of somewhere cheaper / free for such a thing?).

Dead pleased with the camera though.

ce

postcardcv said:

Ya got one too, i ordered mine on good friday and got it four days later,got my wifes 10% staff discount as well which knocked another £40 off the price,all i have to do now is send away for canons discount ,a bargain

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back