• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

URL help (1 Viewer)

fender

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how I can do a URL of my photo's for sharing on the web instead of having to heavily crop them for uploading.

I am using macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Regards,

Phil

What you're looking for is an image hosting site that provides a "direct link" to a https (URL) web address. You'll need to google image hosting sites, selecting the one that meets your needs.

Not all sites are equal; some are free but have limitations, some cost money offering expanded services (HTML links, image galleries, editing features, forum auto sizing, privacy settings), all have size limitations on the uploading image/file.

Be sure to google image hosting sites with direct links.....before you do, check with your internet service provider, sometimes they have free image hosting included in your service package.

You could set up a folder in Photos that you could use as a temporary link to pics you want to share. Or even easier, how about registering for the free in the cloud Google Drive? I've seen a lot of people linking to their Flicker postings also.

You could set up a folder in Photos that you could use as a temporary link to pics you want to share. Or even easier, how about registering for the free in the cloud Google Drive? I've seen a lot of people linking to their Flicker postings also.

Flicker is the obvious one and you also have the choice here of which folders to make public and which to share selectively

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back