• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye Relief of Leica 25 x – 50 x WW ASPH? (1 Viewer)

Hauksen

Forum member
Antarctica
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the eye relief (... distance) of the Leica 25 x – 50 x WW ASPH eyepiece (when used with the Leica 65 APO Televid).

Somehow, this information is nowhere to be found on the Leica website.

(I actually found the sales brochure with the "eyepiece table" referenced by other documents, but it lacks this information.)

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Henning

Hi Kimmo,

In this review by Jan Meijerink, you'll find his measured eye relief data for the Leica zoom. As you can see, it is quite good comparatively speaking.

Thanks a lot, that's a great site! :)

Do you know whether the values transfer unchanged from the Leica Apo-Televid 82 to the 65?

(I'm revising my 3D-printed digiscoping adapter to work with the twist-up eyecup fully down, so if I get this right, vignetting will be minimal - but I guess it won't kill me if I'm slightly off.)

Regards,

Henning

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back