• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's this duck??? (U.K.) (1 Viewer)

heliart

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to birdwatching etc.
I've been trying to identify this duck, but can't seem to do it.
It looks very much like a mallard, but has the wrong colour legs, and the white throat with orange bill just isn't right.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• Stanton Park 9 31-05-07.jpg
    Stanton Park 9 31-05-07.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 120
Hi Steve I see this is your first post, so may I welcome you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators at Bird Forum

I've seen that in a wildfowl collection but can't remember what it is now. There'll be someone along soon to put a name to it.

Meanwhile I hope you enjoy browsing the forums

D

Edit: there I might have known it - well done Tayler!

Agree with Tayler. If you saw this anywhere near Wiltshire, it would be an escape from a wildfowl collection. This is a mainly tropical American species.

Thanks for the ID.
Interesting, I guess similar to the Woodduck that we often see, must of escaped from some collection at some point, although this was the first time I had seen him.

Thanks again.

Steve

Female Anas Bahamensis

Sorry, but my oppinion is different.
I think it is a female
Anas Bahamensis

Yes, we are speaking about the same speciy
White-cheeked Bahama Pintailed duck

Attachments

• w-c_pintail.jpg
    w-c_pintail.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back