• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox HG 10x43 or Zeiss Conquest 10x40 BT* (1 Viewer)

Glimmer

Hi guys,

Finally I'm deciding only between these models. I'm searching for optical quality: contrast, sharpness, definition and brigthness. Other things are secondary for me (I´m only worried about weight: 640 g of Minox vs 820 g Zeiss, too heavy?)

In the case you can get them for a similar price, which do you prefer?

Many thanks and happy birding!

I posted under 8x40
If the 8x40 is like the 10x40, the optics are pretty good. With the eye cups out all the way, you do not see the entire field, and there is some brightness or distortion around the edges that should not be there. You can get rid of it by turning the eye cups about 1/3 way back in. The field is pretty even to the edges, compared to my Monarchs, sweet spot is bigger. It may be even better at 8x. The prisms in the 8x and 10x are the same.
See Zeiss section for my comments on the eye cups.

I just have tested them thin morming in the shop. Side by side. For me, a clear winner:
Minox! Better color, sharper, lighter, better materials, focus wheel soft

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back