• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Santa Sparrows a new Lifer!!! (1 Viewer)

RKell1

Landrover, it does exactly what it says on the tin
Following on from Jim's wonderful photo of the Blue Tit, having given the two Shepards a good walk and a brush this morning, I did my usual and stuffed a load of the hair into the bark on the logs. Within 5 mins the air was filled with chatter as the Sparrows decended for a free take away. Now how comfy will their nests in the ivy be, if not a bit obvious with all that white hair :-O

Attachments

• P1000615.JPG
    P1000615.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 27
  • P1000622.JPG
    P1000622.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000626.JPG
    P1000626.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000627.JPG
    P1000627.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 22
That's brilliant Ray! We gave our two Springers a good going over with the fine brush this afternoon and tucked it all in to the holders, but no takers before dark. Maybe they'll be back tomorrow, they have already emptied two fat ball holders twice in the last few weeks, but I've only seen it happening twice, neither time did they stay long enough for the camera!

Aww! Bless em, you certainly know how to be a good hotelier Ray.
I wonder what rating the bird world would give for nest accomation.

How about "3 feathers"?

Great photos Ray, I wonder if birds sneeze when they get fluff up their noses. I put the stuffing from an old pillow out around the garden and the birds love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back