• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help regarding a Spanish Bird Ring (1 Viewer)

singingbee

Hi,

While out metal detecting in our farmers field I found a metal bird ring. The number is: 47743 57A with Espana written underneath it. Any help on this would be great. Also watching the Red Kites following the tractors ploughing was nice to see.

Thanks
Andy

Andy,

This inscription doesn't seem right for a Spanish (wild) bird ring. I am guessing that
this may be from a Spanish racing pigeon, in which case it won't be traceable through
the Euring website. Is your ring the right size for a racing pigeon and closed with no
split or joint?

Phil

Andy,

This inscription doesn't seem right for a Spanish (wild) bird ring. I am guessing that
this may be from a Spanish racing pigeon, in which case it won't be traceable through
the Euring website. Is your ring the right size for a racing pigeon and closed with no
split or joint?

Phil

That's correct about the size for a pigeon and not a small bird and no join, also has 4 vertical hollow dots

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back