• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weaver Grand Slam 10.5 x 45 (1 Viewer)

keith haly

Weaver Grand Slam Binoculars 10.5 x 45

Being a new member I would first like to say Hi to everyone.
I am considering buying a new pair of bins with a maximum budget of £300.
I have been browsing Weaver's adverts and the Grand Slam 10.5 x 45 appears to be a nice piece of equipment at a very good price ($500 US dollars).
My questions are -
1) Has anybody used this model or any other Weaver bins and how would you rate them.
2) Could you reccomend any other make (be it 8 x or 10 x) up to the price of £300.
Many Thanks
Keith H

Is it a porro or roof prism?

Also, check the warranty. With the major brands these days you get 25 year warranty.

I only found a 25mm one
http://www.binoculars.com/products/weaver-grand-slam-10-5x25-17971.html

if it is that, then it is not worth that kind of money.

Sorry I don't have time to go into detail, but let us know what you would like to spend and what sort of binocular, and someone here will guide you to some more established binocular. I did find your model later, still not convinced it is worth the price. I hope someone here has checked the optics.

Welcome to Birdforum!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back