• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Axe gang targets Buzzard chicks (1 Viewer)

Makes a change from stories about gamekeepers I guess :eek!:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...e-gang-target-buzzard-chicks-100252-21092393/

Cheers,
Bob.

Unbelievably shocking. What adds to the horror of the crime itself is the brazen nature of doing it openly and over a period of time. In my mind the operations of morons who steal eggs and chicks were undertaken covertly, quickly, and under cover of darkness. To chop down a tree in daylight in a public place is a frightening indictment of today's society.

Unbelievably shocking. What adds to the horror of the crime itself is the brazen nature of doing it openly and over a period of time. In my mind the operations of morons who steal eggs and chicks were undertaken covertly, quickly, and under cover of darkness. To chop down a tree in daylight in a public place is a frightening indictment of today's society.

It is a disgrace that lowlife like this are so unbothered about people confronting them with the fact that they are 'affecting' BoP's by doing what they are doing.

They are disturbing the nesting birds to the point that it may scare off the parent birds so the chicks starve to death. Also next years nesting will be jeapordised as the birds will be pushed to the limits to move elsewhere.

I hate to think what these delinquant monsters are doing elsewhere.

They need to contribute something towards society instead of taking from our world heritage

A real job, and a trip to the job centre will be the best for them if they can be bothered. Probabily not :-C

Kathy
x

It is a disgrace that lowlife like this are so unbothered about people confronting them with the fact that they are 'affecting' BoP's by doing what they are doing.

They are disturbing the nesting birds to the point that it may scare off the parent birds so the chicks starve to death. Also next years nesting will be jeapordised as the birds will be pushed to the limits to move elsewhere.

I hate to think what these delinquant monsters are doing elsewhere.

They need to contribute something towards society instead of taking from our world heritage

A real job, and a trip to the job centre will be the best for them if they can be bothered. Probabily not :-C

Kathy
x

their grandfathers generation routinely collected eggs...

Robs

yeah, as John Dempsey (a local wildlife correspondent) commented in the Liverpool Echo "a stupid, selfish act, by stupid selfish people". Although to excuse this specific piece of human waste as just stupid and selfish is being slightly too liberal and relatively unfair to the authentic "stupid, selfish" people out there.

Boom is this not a birding forum? Maybe you should contribute to a forum on "law and order: the hard case approach". Otherwise bird comments only please.

Boom is this not a birding forum? Maybe you should contribute to a forum on "law and order: the hard case approach". Otherwise bird comments only please.

Washy, I think you're being a tad narrow in your view of this forum. I think it is perfectly legitimate to express your reaction, concern & anger regarding such an example of crass persecution. Frankly, it's a pretty mild comment compared to some I've read on this forum about other issues,

John

yeah, as John Dempsey (a local wildlife correspondent) commented in the Liverpool Echo "a stupid, selfish act, by stupid selfish people". Although to excuse this specific piece of human waste as just stupid and selfish is being slightly too liberal and relatively unfair to the authentic "stupid, selfish" people out there.
Personally I would nail them to the tree! the yobs that is. I agree that people should express their feelings over such things as unfortunatly cruelty to wildlife does and is happening all the time and the more people show their disgust to it then maybe they will clamp down on the scum harder?
Cheers
Brian

This is really sad and just goes to show how in some parts of the country people think they can do what they like and often can do what they like! The authorities are weak everywhere and its getting worse.

A Buzzard is nt the most exciting BOP too hunt with. I wonder what threats urban Peregrines face?

What a shame and it makes me worry for the decent peoples futures when idiots like this are running about in society.

Rob. Yes I agree that their grandfathers and maybe fathers were of the egg collecting generation but today we are far better educated about things like that and there is no excuse for it. Even then their forefathers who collected eggs did it (wrongly I might add) because it was a hobby. i see this attack as vandalism and just general nastiness.

Personally I would nail them to the tree! the yobs that is. I agree that people should express their feelings over such things as unfortunatly cruelty to wildlife does and is happening all the time and the more people show their disgust to it then maybe they will clamp down on the scum harder?
Cheers
Brian

Sadly idiots like these soon realise the world is full of do-gooders all too ready to make a living out of inventing excuses for this type of behaviour. If their respect for the life of another creature is so little it makes you wonder where they'll stop.

Sadly idiots like these soon realise the world is full of do-gooders all too ready to make a living out of inventing excuses for this type of behaviour. If their respect for the life of another creature is so little it makes you wonder where they'll stop.
They will probably progress onto mugging little old ladies and attacking decent people, one thing i have noticed with this type of scum is they never attack on their own?
I lived at the RSPCA many years ago and some of the sights i saw then were shocking and although they try their hardest to stop animal cruelty when it gets to court they get no punishment! maybe the yobs should attack the judge? mmmmmmmmm

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back