• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Passive IR binoculars used in birding? (1 Viewer)

Right, it‘s just to align the scope itself more convenient, esp. when following birds in flight.

I tried the tie trick already, but as a tech junky the red dot sight has to be tested :-D

Cheers :)

I know exactly what you mean! I'm a sucker for gadgets and tinkering with various set-ups. I've tried a variety of sighting aids and not been totally satisfied with any of them - mounting something repeatedly and quickly while using a stay on case has always been the problem for me. I've got a couple of rifle sights gathering dust in my workshop and adopted the cable tie as the easiest option - but when I see someone try to use it for the first time I can see how awkward it can be. I'll be interested to see how you get on. I believe there is quite a long thread on red-dot sights already. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back