• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with a few please - Lunt Meadows Nature Reserve, Liverpool, UK today (1 Viewer)

I think...

1. Buzzard - the markings on the head and breast seem (to me) to look mostly like a Buzzard.
2. At first I thought these guys were Teal because of the size, and then I thought maybe Tufted ducks, but I can't be sure. Sorry about the photos and difference in colour balance - blame the point and shoot ha ha
3. Male Stonechat.
4. Male and female Stonechat - again, the colour balance may affect the photo.
5. It looks like a Crow to me, but the lighter wings make me question myself. Maybe the light has affected the wing colouring - it was flying in the direction of the sunset.

cheers :)

Attachments

• buzzard.jpg
    buzzard.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 65
  • duckies.jpg
    duckies.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 75
  • stonechat.jpg
    stonechat.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 45
  • male-and-female-stonechats.jpg
    male-and-female-stonechats.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 53
  • crow.jpg
    crow.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 65
I think...

1. Buzzard - the markings on the head and breast seem (to me) to look mostly like a Buzzard.
2. At first I thought these guys were Teal because of the size, and then I thought maybe Tufted ducks, but I can't be sure. Sorry about the photos and difference in colour balance - blame the point and shoot ha ha
3. Male Stonechat.
4. Male and female Stonechat - again, the colour balance may affect the photo.
5. It looks like a Crow to me, but the lighter wings make me question myself. Maybe the light has affected the wing colouring - it was flying in the direction of the sunset.

cheers :)

Agree with all! Carrion Crows are particularly susceptible to this type of plumage aberration

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back