• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketches from Portugal (1 Viewer)

Great way to take advantage of the forced day indoors and some nice results.

It's been raining all day here too and our collared doves were looking particularly miserable about it!

Mike

Particularly like the Song Thrush. No rain here but the wind is so fierce that when I went out yesterday I only saw one bird. Spent most of the time just trying to keep my hat on and not in the reservoir below.

Absolutely beautiful, Paulo - Can't wait to see these back 'home' - although I expect it'll be another 3-4 weeks before they get here.

Hi Paulo,

It's been too long since I stopped into your thread - more great work here! I like the Song Thrush, and also the chicks, but they are all great.

Beautiful! Two reports of swallows from Elmley this morning, looks like spring is on its way at last!

Mike

Paulo, I was in Viana last week and several had arrived. There were also Brimstone and whites on the wing, and serin and Black Redstart in song everywhere.

Glad to hear from you Lawts. Hope you enjoy your stay in Portugal.
Did you see all the species you want?

Rightnow while I'm writing I'm earing a Hoopoe :)

This year I haven't seen the Red-rumped swallow yet... wait for them in the next days. My favourite swallow...

Well, off I go. Want to find that Hoopoe and do some sketches! :t:

Mission accomplished! :t:

DSC06433.JPG

The hoopoe was singing a few steps from my house, in a back yard of a farm.

I made some sketches of a Carrion Crow and some Magpies to. These were very active today.

DSC06434.JPG DSC06435.JPG

Brilliant work on the hoopoe, Paulo - great bird captured perfectly. The gestural sketches of the magpie are very nice - I can sense the tail-flick in agitation at the crow's presence.

Excellent recent work, Paulo.
I particularly like the hoopoe and the swallows - the preening study is very well done. Swallows on wires are a great subject. It'll be another month before they start settling around me like this, though.

Russ

Excellent recent work, Paulo.
I particularly like the hoopoe and the swallows - the preening study is very well done. Swallows on wires are a great subject. It'll be another month before they start settling around me like this, though.

Russ

Just getting reports of swallows in Pennsylvania. Hope to see some soon. And as everyone has said, some excellent sketches.

lovely sketching - the magpies are full of their jerky character, and what a posture on the hoopoe! Never seen one sing, I do hear them from time to time, but they are really hard to track down.

The magpie tail flicking is a super bit of observation put down simply and effectively, great stuff!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back