• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabelas Optics Catalog-new additions (1 Viewer)

FrankD

I just received my Cabelas optics catalog today and noticed several new additions to what they are carrying.

They are as follows:

Cabelas Pine Ridge brand 8x30 and 10x30 porros

8x30s = 387 foot field of view and 16 ounces - $79.99
10x30s = 288 foot field of view and 16 ounces - $99.99

Meoptas Meopros are in there at $450 and $500 for the 8x42 and 10x42 respectively. I have heard next to nothing on these since they debuted at the beginning of this year. May have to go take a look.

Cabelas now carries Vortex...at least the Viper and Diamondback models. That is a big step for them as I think Cabelas gives them a great deal more exposure in the hunting/fishing arena.

Some new inexpensive roof and porro models that go by "Rebel" and "Renegade" names. Prices are under $150. They resemble the Nikon Action EX series physically. I haven't compared the specs yet but will do so shortly. I did't see "phase coated" in the roofs' description so I am not too enthused by them. The porros include a 10x50 and 7x50 model. The 10x50 looks the most interesting as it sports a 341 foot field of view but weighs 31.3 ounces.

Just thought I would pass on the info.

Frank,

If memory serves me correctly, I believe the Rebel and Renegades are made by Redfield which is owned by Leupold, and you are probably correct regarding the lack of PC

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back