• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

red-eared slider (Trachemys scripta elegans)? (1 Viewer)

austexican

Comparisons with pics on the web lead me to believe this is a red-eared slider (Trachemys scripta elegans), but I do not claim to be an expert in the study of turtles. I did enjoy catching them in a dip net along the creeks and bayous surrounding Houston. My mother always made me release them in the wild after a day or two in the backyard garden. The exception was a 25 lb. alligator snapping turtle. That one I had to return immediately. Mother was afraid it would maim or kill our dog! This pic was taken at Mom's ranch on Centerville Road between Fredericksburg and Kerrville, Texas.

Attachments

• 1-DSC00215.JPG
    1-DSC00215.JPG
    780.3 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back