• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nearly free holiday in NE United States (1 Viewer)

pandachris

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I picked this up from my 2nd favourite internet forum, tripadvisor.com from the UK section. The poster looks genuine enough - been a forum member for quite some time and has made a fair number of real (i.e. non-commercial) posts offering and seeking advice. Should be easy enough to check bona fides as well. Apparently bagpipes are part of the set up, so if you're not a music lover, maybe not for you.

A possible opportunity for a birder with a driving licence and a bit of time available this year for a few weeks birding across the Atlantic.

I've written to the poster and will be happy to pass on any queries or details.

BTW - the only things stopping me from snapping this up is that our leave commitments are already sorted out and it coincides with the annual Whale and Dolphin Watch and we're planning on joining in.
Bodega are a young Scottish Band, winners of the Radio2 Young Folk awards 2006. They are booked to do a small tour around New York state, Connecticut and Massachusetts but there is just one small problem - they are all too young at 18/19 to drive a hire a car in America.
So they are looking for a driver - the hire car could be arranged by their agent - and offering in return paid flights and most of their food and accomodation. Apart from driving and helping load instruments, the driver would have loads of free time ( there are several whole days with no commitments) to go sightseeing, etc as they please and it would be really great for anyone with an interest in traditional music festivals.
In trad music there are no mega bucks on offer but this could still be a great opportunity for someone who fancies travelling but is tight on cash themselves or just fancies something a bit different.
Please feel free to contact me on the Forum or by private TA message if genuinely interested.
Or if anyone out there has any advice on other ways to do this!"

No takers?

I'm hopefully birding this weekend, so won't be online much after 3 p.m. If ayone is interested then the thread can easily by tracked down on tripadvisor and a private message sent to the originator.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back