• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Short walk (1 Viewer)

marcus

I took a little walk around a close by lake around 2 hours ago. There was not too much special at first, but I did see 4, 2 male and 2 female, Hooded Mergansers. They were the first ones I've seen since January. I also saw a medium sized black snake zip thru some dead leaves. Seeing one in November surprised me.

If you're seeing snakes, then I know you've not had the COLD weather we had last weekend! It was cold enough here to drive almost anything underground for the winter!

How terrific you got to see Hoodies! Such gorgeous birds, and I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the winter around here. We see them in migration and throughout the summer.

Nice little walk.

It was very windy and pretty cold on Thursday and Friday, but I'll admit, Saturday was warmer, so seeing a snake was not impossible.
Autumn and winter is almost the only time that I see Hooded Mergansers. I saw them in 2001 in April. Those were the first ones I've ever seen.
I saw another female again this morning at the same lake.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back