• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

opticron ES80 GA (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
HI guys, I have seen on the FOR SALE bit on here that someone Is selling their Opticron ES80 GA scope, I am wanting to buy It, but dont know If Its a good one to get or not It comes with a 25x eyepiece, also the seller says that Its the Mark 1 ED version but the scope doesnt say ED on It. Would this scope be ok has a first one for digiscoping & If It Isnt a ED scope, does It really matter & what benefits would It give me If It Is.

Regards.
Sean...

HI guys, I have seen on the FOR SALE bit on here that someone Is selling their Opticron ES80 GA scope, I am wanting to buy It, but dont know If Its a good one to get or not It comes with a 25x eyepiece, also the seller says that Its the Mark 1 ED version but the scope doesnt say ED on It. Would this scope be ok has a first one for digiscoping & If It Isnt a ED scope, does It really matter & what benefits would It give me If It Is.

Regards.
Sean...

I have an ES80 GA ED. Mine is a Mk II which I think is 2006 onwards.

It says on side "Opticron ...GA ED" ("..." because I couldn't be bothered to take the stay-on case off completely). I don't have a Mk I but I'd be suspicious of why it doesn't say ED.

I won't say anything about the scope because I don't know what changed from Mk I to Mk II.

You could call or email Opticron, they would be able to provide some info on it!

The original ES80 GA ( Waterproof ) has ED glass. It was the only ES80 available at that time so there was no confusion!. I have one and I am still happy with it, its used every week and also used foe digiscoping. Read about it on the reviews thread!.

thanks guys, Ive just a Opticron ES80 GA with a coolpix 4500 & eagle eye adapter & Its the ED version, so thats a bonus, does anyone know what adapters I would need to connect my eos 40d to scope & would It be better than a compact.. Thanks.

sean..

thanks for the link dipped. Having read up on dslrs & scopes I think though I am going to stick with compact cameras...

Thanks anyway mate

Sean.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back