• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

February 2006 Theme Challenge - 'Perched Bird' (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh said:
Ian decided to up load my lonely one(coppersmith barbet) taken on 11.01.06. for a perched bird-followed the steps and loaded but it got loaded in the gallery home but not in the compatation gallery -did i do something wrong or have i to wait for it to be transfered from the gallery home to the compt. gallery. :'D my beard is on fire.(ah)-if you want to put the fire out send a reply. :t:
Thank you Ian K.C. solved it but you dont know the cost i had to pay. :'D :'D The fire started from my Turban and when i wrote to you my beard was on fire-K.C. reply saying it was in -made me run to the water bucket in the practice and the relief was great the fires were out but then reliased that the bucket was FULL OF URINE SAMPLES THROWN AWAY IN THE BUCKETGRRAAahh. :'D 3:) 3:)

Last edited:
Hello - I was wondering what criteria you use to select the shortlisted pics. Do you take into consideration how rare or how shy the bird is, or do you JUST consider the image itself?

We take everything into consideration when deciding which entries make it into the next round.

A well taken photo of a more common species though is more likely to count for more than a poorly taken photo of a rarity.

What is the definition of Perched? I noticed a couple of photos in the slide show of birds on the ground, is this really perched?? also one flying, now that isn't perched??? all good pictures just want to clarify for myself, before uploading.

cheers

Ashley beolens said:
What is the definition of Perched? I noticed a couple of photos in the slide show of birds on the ground, is this really perched?? also one flying, now that isn't perched??? all good pictures just want to clarify for myself, before uploading.

cheers
This is what Ian says in the rules above.

Perched is defined as a single bird which is stood e.g. on the ground, in the water, on a tree branch, fence, lampost, telegraph pole, roof top etc. Birds in flight will not be accepted.

IanF said:
The theme for February 2006 is 'Perched Bird'.
IanF

I've submitted my entry 3 times. My internet connection has been dreadful today and broke during uploads so I thought I'd failed each time. Please delete two.

Thanks
A very embarrasssed SFo

SFo said:
IanF said:
The theme for February 2006 is 'Perched Bird'.
IanF

I've submitted my entry 3 times. My internet connection has been dreadful today and broke during uploads so I thought I'd failed each time. Please delete two.

Thanks
A very embarrasssed SFo
Should be sorted now :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back