• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

2 juvenile coal tits this morning and 2 male bullfinches 4 magpies in the garden at present along with 10 collared doves and several juvenile starlings, blackbirds and goldfinches and a great tit

2 juvenile coal tits this morning and 2 male bullfinches 4 magpies in the garden at present along with 10 collared doves and several juvenile starlings, blackbirds and goldfinches and a great tit

what a great collection you have . We have only seen one of our collared doves recently and feared that its mate had succumbed to the Sparrow hawk but thankfully I saw the pair together again this morning.

can't resist showing you one of our Coal tits ;)

Attachments

• coal tit.jpg
    coal tit.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 47
A bit of help please folks .....

Which image should I enter into this months photo comp - Animals

The Jaguar was a once in a lifetime shot and very very lucky to be able to get any sort of shot with such a secretive species.

The Sloth is just the pose of a lifetime capture.

Which one stands more of a chance of getting votes? - the detail in the sloth wins, the pose in the sloth wins..... but the Jaguar is very very special and very rare.

Thoughts from fellow garden watchers (and votes ;)) will be appreciated before I enter one of the images

Cheers
Dave

Toss of a coin dave

what a great collection you have . We have only seen one of our collared doves recently and feared that its mate had succumbed to the Sparrow hawk but thankfully I saw the pair together again this morning.

can't resist showing you one of our Coal tits ;)

Cheers EB nice picture of the coal tit

had my first male Siskin today 2 of them on feeders had female in week,
pretty chuffed new one on list and bit unusual in cornwall this time of year
2 siskins
3 bullfinches
2 blackbirds
2 woodies
3 house sparrows
3 blue tits plus 3 young being fed
2 birds been feeding all week young birds not sure what they are
baby green finch or baby siskins they have the yellow/green in wing and tail
9 goldfinches 3 young

A bit of help please folks .....

Which image should I enter into this months photo comp - Animals

The Jaguar was a once in a lifetime shot and very very lucky to be able to get any sort of shot with such a secretive species.

The Sloth is just the pose of a lifetime capture.

Which one stands more of a chance of getting votes? - the detail in the sloth wins, the pose in the sloth wins..... but the Jaguar is very very special and very rare.

Thoughts from fellow garden watchers (and votes ;)) will be appreciated before I enter one of the images

Cheers
Dave

Both great pictures, Dave, but the sloth is the better photo!
Jeff

Today I have 1 solitary Rook, 2 collared doves, 2 or 3 Jackdaws, 2 Chaffinches, 2 Robins, several Bluetits, several Coal Tits, 2 Goldfinches, 2 Blackbirds and too many Sparrows to count.

Also, have 2 Robin chicks, 1 Chaffinch chick, I can hear Great Tit or Bluetit chicks in hedge but haven't seen them and at least 17 Sparrow chicks plus some more were born yesterday. I haven't seen any Blackbird chicks at all.

Photo Comp and the garden

Thanks folks for the feedback - Sloth won out with yourselves and some friends by 11 Vs 3

The sloth is now in the June Comp - :t:

Today in the garden of note was the pair of Bullfinch, a family of Rooks and are they loud.,... however not intimidating or pestering to the rest of the garden visitors.

and of course we have loads of juveniles, including the first Goldfinch juvs of the year

Attachments

• IMG_4676.jpg
    IMG_4676.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 43
well we have had the biggest crop of fledgling Starlings for years. There has been a steady stream of them for the past 5+ weeks and the noise is horrendous at times. They really do sound like they are strangling one another at times.!:eek!:

For the first time we have young coal tits , (they are so gorgeous ), and fledging BlueTits, Goldfinches and loads of House Sparrows .

Unfortunately the lone chaffinch doesn't appear to have found a mate again this year and we haven't seen any Robin young. Sadly we think we may have disturbed their nest in a hole in the wall by the garden tap. Either that or the cats have got at them.:-C

I think that we have had a lot of losses to the Sparrow Hawks this year.

Birds we haven't seen at all this year are
Blackcap
Siskin
Treecreeper
Nuthatch
green Woodpecker
Sadly we haven't seen a single Longtailed Tit feeding for weeks ? we usually have at least 5-6 at one time. Maybe they are late to fledge? i'll have to check my photo gallery for last year.

Was off today ( finally) so I got up at dawn to see the early birds. Lol. Several cardinals, one jay, although the sparrows took all the peanuts. 6 squirrels and 1 mallard. Several doves and other common birds. Still disappointed on jays and have not seen a wood pecker nor hummingbird in couple weeks. 2 mallards, another just showed.
Btw, they seem to eat a lot, eating me out of house and home...

got abit silly earlier, either 14 or 15 total blue and coal tits in the garden at the same time, they were all over the place. only 4 of them adult.

plus the first woodpigeon youngster of the year.

We have a lot of bats around the house every evening too. I suppose I've pretty much taken them for granted. They probably roost in the Mill next door as they have done for centuries.

Had to laugh this morning. Big Woody (woodpigeon) was calmly pecking the seed on the tiny seed tray at the same time as a highly agitated juvenile Starling . Neither bird was going to back down so the Starling started shrieking at woody and pecking him mercilessly :eek!: it was like David and Goliath :-O:-O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back