• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holidays near Malaga (1 Viewer)

slawekpar

Hello

I am going on 25th April to Malaga region with my newly wed wife. Well, I came to the terms, it is not going to be a typical birding holidays :). My wife OK'ed to my morning birding (until 12 noon) though. I won't have a car hired :(. Do you know any place which would fit my needs ( lots of walking, reasonably good set of species, perhaps a day trip to the mountains).
Should I rather go east in to direction of Nerja or west Estepona etc.
Thank you in advance for your advice

Regard

Slawek

Congratulations!

If you're interested I have fairly detailed birding notes centred on Cadiz province (i.e. well to the west of Malaga) which I'll happily send to you if you PM me with your email address,

I'll second Alf's recommendation re the Gudalhorce reserve - it's top notch and you will be there at a great time for all sorts to turn up!

Here's a link to a thread of a visit I made in January to the area from Malaga westwards.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=131830

If you look at the Spain section of the forum, there's loads of reports with some great details of places to visit.

Jon

Thanks for you help. I have decided to book accommodation in Estepona. It is just in a middle way between Gibraltar and Malaga. My wife agreed to two days of birding :).
I am trying to get in touch with a Spanish guide to make the best use of them.

Thanks again

Slawek

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back