• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rainham Marshes RSPB (1 Viewer)

Musoman

PETE - Nikon/Sony Shooter
United Kingdom
Due to illness, I had a trip down to see my Dad last Sunday, and he's ok, so drove over to my sisters house, only 15 minutes in the car, and she lives walking distance from one of the largest RSPB reserves in the UK ( i think )

Rattled off a few shots - managed to capture a Little Grebe, which is a first for me, so i'm pleased enough. The Hobbys and Marsh Harriers were there the day before, and as they must have known i was arriving the following day, they didnt turn up. ;)

Eyesight still not good - hospital again this Friday, so maybe..

Attachments

• Lapwing 2.jpg
    Lapwing 2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Lapwing 3.jpg
    Lapwing 3.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Little Grebe.jpg
    Little Grebe.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 83
  • Little Grebe 2.jpg
    Little Grebe 2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 90
  • Moorhen.jpg
    Moorhen.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 73
Couple of extras

And just becuase it was there, a Damsel Fly ..at least thats what i think it is

Attachments

• Moorhen 2.jpg
    Moorhen 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Damsel Fly.jpg
    Damsel Fly.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 95
All good stuff. Little Grebe, 4th one along was best. It's a dragonfly, easiest way to remember is that damselflies always sit with their wings folded back flat while dragonflies always have them out to the side as they can't fold them flat.

Paul.

Nearly left out a weak attempt at a BIF. Grey Heron took off and took me by surprise, and fired off some shots, but he was just a little too far away, and i didnt have enough time really.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back