• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need some help from some of you who tried opticron binos! (1 Viewer)

zemiguel

Hello friends!!
I'm quite new to birdwatching and I'm from Portugal, here the best price binos compared to other places are the opticron, and I've heard some good things about opticrons too :) so for around 150-200$/€ what would be the best option?! I'm looking to watch birds and animals over the portuguese plains and corkoak forests, I'm yet to dicide if I want to go with 8x or 10x, but I'm leaning to the 8x, as for the models the ones that are in my price range and I'm considering are the Oregon's 4 LE WP series, and the Discovery WP PC series wich are pushing my budget!! But I'm hoping to hear some opinios and review kind coments from people who have tried these, or maybe other binos in the same price that are better?!
Thank you very much!! Cheers bird lovers!!

Zemiguel,

Just curious but have you checked out the rest of the Opticron subforum here? There at tons of threads and reviews in there including a few on the Discoveries and Oregons.

I have preferences for certain configurations in each of those models' lineups. I like the Oregon 8x32 more than the 8x42 or 10x42. I like the overall "package" of the the 8x42 and 8x50 Discovery for their respective configurations though the 8x32 is now arguably the lightest 8x32 from anyone though their Traveller model may be a few tenths of an ounce lighter.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Also forgot to mention both the Savanna R 8x33 and the Trailfinder 8x42. Both fit in between the Oregon and Discovery models in terms of price and performance. Depending on ergonomic and mechanical preferences you could choose either of those two over the two models previously mentioned.

For example, the Trailfinder's focusing speed is faster than either the Oregon or the Discovery. The Savanna R is a bit of an interesting open bridge model in that the barrels are very long and narrow...plus it is very lightweight.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back