• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minolta Diamage Z1 (2 Viewers)

samuel walker

It's OK to be a little blue........
Dear fellow lensmen/women: I'm considering moving up to the Minolta Dimage Z1 camera. I would appreciate your candid remarks if you have experience with this product.
Sam

Hi sam

I have just bought a Z1 and this is what i think so far.....

the camera itself is very good as I am new to all this i am having a few tech probs like understanding how the thing works but as a whole it offers alot, it is light weight as well as offering you more programs etc than you know what to do with! ha ha :'D

however the camera is not explained very well regarding the manual so for me it is more of a case of getting out there and messing up until you know how to use it!

the batteries are a bind meaning that you have to carry extras just in case

saying this

The feel of the camera is good and easy to hold!

The family pics are great outside as well as inside the house! thou some have had a problem with inside picture taking.

The flash works really well too.

The marco is good i have got some really nice pictures of flowers up close and which have resulted in a good quality finish.

However I intend to use the Z1 for landscape images and have found that if you zoom in too fast the whole picture stays blurry and even in auto it can not refocus this has really got me at times and can be very frustrating.

I myself have recently asked for help for fellow BF's about this matter.

The camera seems to struggle with long distance shots but i think that could be me more than the camera!

please by no means think i am educated in the snappers world this is just me my views on the camera!

Some of my pics are in the gallery, these were taken with my Z1 recently

Hope this was some help and will keep you posted with my Z1

Pebs
x

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back